Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New You!

Hello Crew!

It's 2013.  It's the time of year for setting goals, making resolutions, creating plans.

And maybe this is the year that you focus on getting healthy.

Maybe this is a first step.  Maybe you're continuing your steps.  Maybe you're getting back in step.

No matter where you are, the first step has to be a plan.

Identify where you want to make changes.

Recognize where there are weaknesses.

Celebrate your strengths!

Set SMART goals.  (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-bound)



Personally, I fell out of step many months ago.  My mental and physical health desperately needs me back on track.

Identify where I want to make changes - I want exercise to be a priority again.  I want to love healthy eating again.

Recognize my weaknesses - I am a stress eater and an emotional eater.  I am fighting depression and often feel too tired, too overwhelmed, and too stressed to get any physical activity completed.

Celebrate my strengths - When I set my mind to something, I go all out.  My body still has muscle memory of being stronger and healthier.

My SMART goal
Specific - I want to run a 5K in June.
Measurable - I will set milestone over the course of the next 6 months to get me to my goal.
Attainable - I did it before, I know I can do it again.
Relevant - This is very relevant to my life right now - my mental and physical health is suffering and consistent exercise and healthy eating is my best course of action.
Time-bound - I have a specific event at the end of June that I will register for and complete.

How about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment